Monday, June 13, 2011

Learning to Trust

 This is Pam writing the update.
The team is having a few opportunities to learn to trust the Lord ( aka problems). We here at home are learning too. :)
One of the team, John Langham, got sick and had to go to the hospital. He evidently had an intestinal infection that required IV's and antibiotics. He is on the mend and was released from the hospital today.
Then yesterday Miriam got sick . Here is what she says:
"I woke up at 3 a having horrible diarrhea and nausea. I was super weak and kinda achy. The rest of the group went to midwife class at 7:30 and I went to sleep for a little while. My diarrhea stopped around 10AM but still had other symptoms. Levi brought Liz around 12 and I took some charcoal and my nausea was better. They stayed and entertained me for about 3 hours then went back. They got me water and soft drinks and crackers. I was able to eat some crackers( they have some super amazing ones here) I went back to Scott and Vicki's apartment around 5PM with one of the midwives and have been in and out of sleep since then." I chatted with her this morning( which is night over there) and she is doing OK .She is still having stomach cramps and is weak but she didn't need IV's. She is staying at the director's house and Liz will be her nurse for the night.
 The team purchased a scooter to get around on the island . Yesterday Levi and Liz were on it and this is what Liz said happened:"On way home we hit a tricycle. Sorta like motorcycle with a side car. It was turning stupidly in  the street.It was wet and we couldn't stop,so we hit it. But it's a huge praise because there were no major injuries!! Just a sore neck for me with  a bruise on my side.Levi's knee and ankle are  scrapped a bit. But we were good and so was the  bike. So praise God!!"
So praises with prayer request and lots of opportunities to learn to trust our heavenly Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment