Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Good News from Miriam!

June 15
Hey everyone! Wow, we've been gone from KY for two weeks already! In some ways it seems really long and other ways really short!

Praise the Lord we are all doing a lot better!  John L came out of the hospital Monday night and went back to the property today. John M decided to rent an apartment in the same complex as the directors, just to have a place to shower, relax, and get on the internet. It's very cheap.  He wanted it also to be available to anyone they know who might need a place to stay but it's been the sick bay the last couple days.  =) 

I'm feeling a lot better too after pretty much sleeping all of yesterday and drinking lots.  I'm still not 100% but quickly getting there.

 They've had 3 births in the last 3 days at the clinic! All mom's and babies are doing really well! PTL.  I didn't get to witness any of them, but I'll be able to do follow up visits with them. This morning I did several prenatal check ups at the clinic. It's really cool feeling the position of the baby and hearing the heart beat!  So amazing the life God is growing in their wombs! =)

We have several women that will be giving birth soon and I hope I'll be able to be there for them!  I might go down and spend the nights at the clinic, so I don't miss them.  They had 3 moms give birth within 10 min of getting to the clinic and I couldn't get there in time. =(

The boys hut is just about done and they are glad to be getting out of their tent. Some things got wet and it hasn't been the nicest living place. =)  I'm sure we'll be building them a set of bunk beds also.

Things are kind of settling back down and hopefully we can get back to some kind of schedule.  There are still things we need to buy/do to fully settle in....

I'm super excited about this next week!  Seven other ladies have come to take an intense two  week seminar and  the other midwife intern and I will be a part of them also. I've missed several of the class room studies, but I'll be able to do more of the hands on skills this coming week.  We're going to learn several things, but two that I'm really looking forward to are suturing and starting IV's. =) =)

We've only been here a week and a half and we already can tell how spoiled we are in America.  Here if anyone goes off the property and using a "real" bathroom we go back and tell everyone what we got to do! And I love how little things like going to McDonald's or getting pizza or a soda or ice in our water is a treat now that we're here, where back home those were normal occurrences.   I pray I'll never take little things like that for granted again. =)

PS. McDonald's here is way better quality than the States.  And for a cheaper price!
    Signing out for now! Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment